Haitian Forum, Forums Haitisurf.com, Haiti Forum

haitisurf.com :: View topic - Why do haitian men date american women ?

Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why do haitian men date american women ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    haitisurf.com Forum Index : Romance, love and Sexuality
View previous topic :: View next topic  

needaman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Why do haitian men date american women ? Reply with quote

I am american and I love haitian men. I was told recently that the only reason haitian men date american women is because haitian women no longer want them. I was also told that I am getting the rejects. I would like to know what makes a haitian man or woman date other cultures. I find haitian men to very attractive. I love the culture and their up bringing. Someone please tell me what you may think. If you have had this experience please tell me something about it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

mnicolas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think that there are any specific reasons why Haitian men date American women. I think that they do it for the same reason an American man would date and American woman. Here are the main reasons as far as I am concerned:
0) Destiny ---> If that really exists -- it feels like God wanted to bless or curse you with that person lol.

1) Attraction -----> You meet the person and you like what you see and you go for what you see.

1.1) Future= You look at the person and you know that there is no way you can go wrong with that person. (There is higher chance to progress with so and so)

2) Circumstances (Location) If I am a Haitian man, and I am living in North Dakota, more than likely I am not going to put a sign up " Looking for a Haitian Woman". I may end up with an American woman.

(Location) I am studying in Jackson, MS It is easier for me to meet an American woman.

5) That you are getting "the rejects" ---> I do not know - You should know -
Most Haitian men I know - have dreams and they work hard - can say something in different languages and enjoy studying.

3) Compatibility ---> No disrespect to Haitian Women -- Highly pragmatical Haitian men, may easily be attracted to Haitian American women or American Women - And vice versa

4) Habit ----> If you have dated an American Woman for the past 6 + years and the chemistry and everything else were good - you both enjoyed it - you will not have problem dating another one.

5) We are in the same page:---> If we both are professionals and we see life the same way-- have the same values --- Have similar career -- why not date?

Last edited by mnicolas on Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:14 pm; edited 4 times in total

mnicolas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Signs that a haitian man is a reject Reply with quote

Here are a few signs (according to Nico) that a Haitian man might be a reject and let us not make excuse for anyone. Please do not get mad at me ladies - I believe that we are all entitled to have a good life and not struggle. If you have a lazy H. man, kick his buttock back to school.

0) He borrows money from you --> Oops there it is! Real H. men will be there for his lady -not take advantage of her.
0.1) He has no money in his savings - no real money invested and has been living in the USA for years.
1) If he has no dream to "sincerely" be an entrepreneur ---> He might be a reject.
2) He barely finished High School or has not finished the Bachelors Degree in the last 7 years. Has no dream for a masters D. ---> he could be a reject
3) He is lazy and make less than 40K and drives an expensive car ---> A lazy Haitian man is a reject as far as I am concerned.
4) He is not computer literate(only knows how to chat and send emails)
5) He is 37 years old and doesn’t own a real house --
6) He is very insecure and doesn’t quite think that women are as intelligent as men.
7) He drives a nice car has no 401K plan - barely understands what stocks are all about.
8) Has zero fear of God - no faith system - His Idea of music is only Kompa Direk
I could go on and on.

Last edited by mnicolas on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tipoulette

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matter of choice

crawfish

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL............ awww Nico u are so funny but you are true !

I do not think those are rejects ! I know a couple of haitian men in those situations that are married to haitian women.

Some American women see foreigners as slow or not on their level once they hear the accent to feel that.

So all I can say if u are gonna date an American women come correct !

Most haitian women I know give haitian men the benefit of a doubt ! They do not care about money some I know carry most of the weight in the household and do not complain.

I notice this in first generation hatians , not second generation

mnicolas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) I want to add the following for those out there dating. I know one of the aspects that most of us pay attention to(first) is the physical appearance, nothing wrong with that.

2) The esthetical or physical aspect nowadays can be fixed. The only thing you almost can't fix, is the brain. You hardly can turn a dumb partner –into an intelligent one.

3) Cognition or the cognitive faculties that we all possess - can help us make good choices. We all have the responsibility use common sense / our intuition to reduce exposures to contingencies. We all are looking for the best in/from a partner, but a bad partner can make us experience every extreme of condition and every vicissitude of stability if not fortune.

Last edited by mnicolas on Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

HSelassie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, let me just add my .02 in here. Couldnt give you a reason why haitian men date american women in general but personally I dont find the vast majority of haitian exciting. I dont exclude dating a haitian woman out entirely, however, not my preference and never gave it much thought. I dont date most Amer blk women either for that matter. But, I digress ... hope you catch my drift
Post new topic   Reply to topic    haitisurf.com Forum Index : Romance, love and Sexuality All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: